An exhilarating excursion through the country of Guatemala with an opportunity to help change lives.
Detailed Itinerary (subject to change)
Smile Network International is a humanitarian organization that provides life-altering reconstructive surgeries and related healthcare services to impoverished children and adults in developing nations. This year Puckett Excursions, an adventure travel company is offering a unique opportunity to explore the country of Guatemala before the mission begins with Smile Network International. This early look at the land and culture will heighten your senses and experience before you begin your work with Smile Network in changing so many lives. During this 11 day excursion you’ll participate in the regions identifiable characteristics, starting with a private tour of Guatemalas oldest National Park and visiting the ancient city of Tikal one of the largest Mayan cities in the world. Then you’ll spend a few nights on the second largest lake in Guatemala, Lago Petén Itzá, where you’ll participate in one Guatemalan favorite past time of kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, or just relaxing under the sun. You’ll then travel south to the Spanish Colonial town of Antigua, Its historic architecture and delicious food will be the focus as you learn traditional recipe’s and flavors from the locals. Volcanos are everywhere in Guatemala and many with positive results such as, Lake Atitlán, a massive crater and it’s evolution into beautiful and eclectic villages. We end your journey in the small town of Patzún where you’ll join Smile Network on their mission to give children in need a fresh start. There is limited space with only 14 spaces available on this adventure through Guatemala. If you are interested, the sooner you reply the better your chances are. But first, to qualify you will need to commit to fundraising or donating $2500 to Smile Network International. Each $2500 raised will go directly to helping 5 children in need of reconstructive surgery and services. Once you commit to fundraising and start the process, we welcome you to book your adventure with us.
Dates: October 27th – November 6th
(Smile Network Mission: November 4th-6th)
Tikal, Flores and Lago Petén Itzá. We start our adventure in the North of Guatemala outside Tikal National Park on Lago Peten Itza, the second largest lake in Guatemala. You’ll want to relax, eat, drink or do some of the many water sports available as you become aquatinted to the laid back and slow paced culture of Guatemala. You’ll find it easier to slide into your surroundings at the famous resort owned by the Coppola Family, La Lacha is a private jungle resort and our home away from home for the next few days.
Today we will have an early breakfast and board our boat to San Pedro La Laguna where tuk tuks will take us to the trailhead of Vulcan San Pedro. The hike will take us to the top of San Pedro for an awe inspiring view of Lake Atitlan. We will be down just in time for lunch in one of San Pedros great restaurants. After lunch we will head to the town of Santiago for some shopping and visit some local weavers to learn how they make their clothing and dyes. We’ll head back for a big dinner and sunset cruise.
Days 9 & 10:
To secure your spot – 25% Deposit to hold your place $575.00 USD payment due. The payment schedule will follow upon booking.
What is included?
- All hotels, and private tent for Acatenango
- Flight from Flores to Guatemala City
- All breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
- Private guide for our trek with knowledge of the Volcanoes.
- All transfers between destinations
- All Excursions
What is NOT included?
- Initial fundraising of $2500 for Smile Network International
- International airfare to Flores, Guatemala upon entry and Guatemala City upon departure.
- Lunch and Dinner ( about $40 a day for both would be on the higher end.)
- Apple Pay
- Quickpay with Zelle (email@example.com)
- Check / Money Order (payable to Chris Puckett) receipt upon request.
- PayPal (IMPORTANT: Use “Friends and Family” option if PayPal is linked to your checking account. If not 10% will be added to your bill)
- Wire Transfer (details upon request)
- This trip benefits Smile Network and is only available to each participant who commits to fundraising or donating $2500 to go toward life-changing surgeries.
- Puckett Excursions is not legally affiliated with the Smile Network or its organization.
- Puckett Excursions is contracted by the Smile Network to provide the exploration portion of this itinerary.